Monday, March 29, 2010

It's a Mucky Monday in March

And indeed it is. The drizzle that is characteristic of this area of Ohio hasn't let up for several days, turning our driveway into a murky muddy mess. We haven't even been able to think about touching the tiller to begin our garden -- gotta wait till the swamp in the backyard drains a bit. At least we've started a few seeds inside . . . peppers and tomatoes. It's a far cry from the whole room full of seedlings that we had by this time last year, but . . . we've been overwhelmed.

Which is why I haven't been posting much all winter. This old house and the lack of a good job has drained us of all the energy reserves we had and left us wondering what we should do next. Move again? Go back to school? (Which we are, but that's another financial strain.)

I hate to pester this blog with our discouragement, but I have lost the voice and the vision that I started DreamChaser with and I guess I'm on a search to find it again. Perhaps I have to accept that discouragement is sometimes part of who we are and it's better to embrace it and move on rather than attempting to put on a happy face when there's a vice around our hearts.

But, sunny spring days are coming and that means farming and gardening and lots of outside time. Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up. And, yes, embrace life for what it is--and the blog for what it is. I had a blog for four years before I actually did anything with it, and now it's going all right.
Thanks much for listing my book--I really appreciate it.

--Vinita