Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How You Can Benefit From My Husband's High Blood Pressure

You may be going, "Uh . . . ok?" at that title. But here's the thing: my husband's had high blood pressure for -- well, forever, it seems. Yes he's young, but (sigh) he doesn't strive to be the healthiest that he can be. That's where I come in!

Anyway, he had a physical a couple weeks ago for his new job, and his bp is so high that if it doesn't come down in 3 months he won't be able to work for this company anymore.

Uh oh.

There's more: we don't have health insurance right now, which means that he can't go to the doctor to get on any "medication" to lower it. Enter, me! Pretty much the only options we have are the old-fashioned, better health choices we need to make anyway. The only problem is, we don't have currently have any extra money for the supplements I would normally give him (Omega 3s and Vitamin C, for starters) so I have to really do some research for foods that reduce hypertension.

So if you're another one of the millions of Americans that suffer from this sneaky thing called blood pressure, you can benefit from all the research I'm going to embark on! Improving our health can be so much less overwhelming if we do it together. :)

1 comment:

Nicole.Ann said...

I can't wait to see what you find research wise, my parents have high blood pressure and I'm sure they are about as apt as Kenny to make huge changes in diet....this will be interesting to follow :)